27 Jun Yachting and Caravanning, same Know-How : Tailor-Made Layout
The layout of the Fleur de Sel yacht, a Rover 12, is definitely eye-catching. This project carried out in the Dream Racer Boats workshop gives rise to new ideas.
A not So Boat Laout
At Dream Racer Boats we like to take on new design challenges! This Mercedes Sprinter four-wheel drive is enjoyable in all types of conditions. With specifications like the Rover 12 of the Bord à Bord shipyard, this luxurious powerhouse is made to cross the land.
We have adapted our yachting skills to meet the regulations of the road: offering our customer a technical, tailor-made layout by his request. The worlds of yachting and caravanning are surprisingly similar! Our expertise, which we are used to applying to the layout of boats, is in demand also on land, such as the bed on a pivot for the child. On the task list for this new project, we also have the material choices and durable finishes with the bentwood window frame coated with epoxy paint as an example.
To manufacture these two layouts, our workshop and design office have demonstrated 360° know-how in the development of a 100% tailor-made project.
The early stages of building a layout for the mercedes sprinter
Our first mission was to validate the available volumes and to digitally design the first layout equipment and modules as a response to our customer’s requests.
This first action enables navigating inside the vehicle, which gives us the advantage of offering our customer solutions that are more ergonomic, practical, and innovative (e.g. 3D printing of parts).
Mercedes Sprinter Features:
- Sprayed cork and hemp wool insulation (hypertext link to Kreaiod products)
- Installation of windows, portholes and ventilated skylights with integrated blinds
- Certified seat with change of vehicle registration
- Interior trim with curved plywood coated with epoxy primer and polyurethane lacquer, which makes the surfaces easy to clean
- Shower cabin with electric toilet
- Staron resin worktop equipped with a two-burner gas cooker and a stainless steel sink
- Vitrifrigo 72L three-way gas refrigerators
- Raised dinette area for 4 people
- Technical rooms for energy on board
- Centralized instrument panel grouping repeater displays, gauges, 8A and 16 A electrical panel
- Storage of kitchen drawers, wardrobe next to the refrigerator, laundry room next to the shower, full-length wall unit
- Garage hold
- Heating combination, Truma Combi4 CP Plus water heater
- Complete solar energy kit
- Roof rack with ladder
Searching the Pleasurable Rover 12 Yacht Atmosphere
When all the characteristics are validated, with the layout in compliance with regulatory standards, we propose materials that capture the cozy atmosphere seen by our customer onboard the Rover 12 n°1.
Manufacturing Plan of the Kitchen Base Cabinet
The Dream Racer Boats team, always striving to improve the performance, offers different manufacturing versions of the fittings. Our solutions are:
Technical carpentry: arrangement made from sandwich panel to reduce the total weight. For an all-terrain project like this Sprinter, the objective is to reduce heavy weights.
Traditional carpentry: layout made from plywood and the use of solid wood. These bring a qualitative note with a pleasant touch of wood to everyday life in the van.
The solutions can also be mixed to find the ideal combination for you.
The Final Results: Prepared for All the Fun, Future Expeditions !
A unique Mercedes 4WD Sprinter with a warm atmosphere, where we played with different color tones. The linings have a semi-gloss finish, with an appearance that brings out the grain of the wood. To the touch, they have a plasticized effect and are easy to clean. For the ceilings, we have chosen to subdue the atmosphere with the application of a matt lacquer giving a velvety and smooth effect.
Dream Racer Boats adapts to your projects to satisfy you. Our workshop creates custom arrangements to meet your desires and your needs. Whether it is to design or improve the interior, or to give a second life to your vehicle or boat, we offer you an à la carte service. The goal is to create unique and personalized projects that suit you. For tailor-made projects, the virtual simulation service helps you to better visualize your future equipment or boat interior.